Wednesday 19 December 2018

Stasher: Expenses Tracker

Hi all, its been awhile but here's a new app that i'd like to present to all of you. Its called Stasher.

Managing personal finances has always been something I myself have struggled with. There are many apps on the appstore that attempt to make aware your personal spending habits (and they definitely have done a great job). However, the biggest issue I have found is that they like to flood the user with lots of information (which is great, but not in a setting where we don't care to commit much time staring at these pieces of information). On top of that, tracking basic spending (like how much I spent on lunch, or that sandwich I picked up on the way to work) took too much time (yes, even 20 seconds is too long for someone like myself).

As such, I made Stasher to meet these challenges I faced, and hopefully it will meet your needs too. Here's a quick run through of the app:


On starting the app, you will jump right into adding your first entry, as shown below. Most likely you would want to key in the amount you have as a deposit to kick things off. You can give it your own tag, separated by commas.

Once that is done, you can then tap on the sides to dismiss it. Next, tap on any of the "+" signs to choose a summary cell. These let you personalize what you see at a glance, when opening up the app.

If you wish to see, or delete old entries, tap "tap to expand" at the top of the page, and simply swipe left to delete an entry.

You may also swipe the bar chart to change it to a pie chart, if you prefer that. The settings for each of these charts also let you customize more in-depth how you want the information to be presented to you.

Thats about it! Here is an example of how a fully set up and customized page would look like. Enjoy the app! Please don't hesitate to give a review. Let me know if there are features you would like to see and I will do my best to implement them. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment